B.A. and M.Ed. Options
Undergraduate and Graduate Cooperative Programs
Students at the Montessori Institute Northwest have the option of participating in one of our Cooperative Degree Programs. These programs are offered to enhance the educational experience of our students. In these programs students simultaneously earn either undergraduate or graduate level credit while fulfilling the AMI requirements during the Assistants to Infancy course.
Bachelor of Arts Degree Option through Marylhurst University
- For the AMI Assistants to Infancy Diploma students can apply credits towards a degree in Interdisciplinary Studies only at Marylhurst University in Marylhurst, Oregon (Located 10 minutes South of Portland, OR).
- Students who wish to earn undergraduate credit for their AMI Diploma need to apply, register, and pay tuition to both MINW and Marylhurst University.
- Students will experience enhanced expectations for coursework during the AMI course. Grades will be issued and applied to the undergraduate credits.
- Financial aid is available for students registered at Marylhurst through their Financial Aid Department. Grants and Loans awarded from Marylhurst can be used for tuition at both MINW and Marylhurst. Marylhurst charges a reduced credit fee for MINW students with the understanding that tuition is being paid at both MINW and Marylhurst.
- Additional coursework will be required to complete the Bachelor degree program. Marylhurst works with each student to assess transfer credits from previous coursework and life experience to determine the additional courses needed to complete the degree.
- To apply to Marylhurst, students must schedule a meeting with an admissions counselor. Please contact the Admissions department directly for more information. If you have questions about the course and how these programs work together please contact MINW directly.
Office of Admissions
BP John Administration Building
17600 Pacific Highway (Hwy 43)
P.O. Box 261
Marylhurst, OR 97036-0261
Phone: (503) 699-6268
Toll-free: (800)634-9982, ext. 6268
Fax: (503) 635-6585
TTY: (503) 636-6303
Master of Education and Certificate of Advanced Study in Montessori Education (C.A.S.) Options through Loyola University Maryland
Loyola University Maryland offers the M.Ed. degree in Montessori Education and the Certificate of Advanced Study in Education (C.A.S.), in affiliation with the Montessori Institute Northwest (MINW). Students must apply to both MINW and Loyola University Maryland. If admitted into Loyola’s graduate program, enrolled students earn credit for courses they are taking at MINW and complete the degree requirements with course work taken in residence at Loyola.
Application Deadlines for Loyola University Maryland
- For MINW courses that begin in summer, priority application deadline for Loyola is May 15.
- For MINW courses that follow the academic year format and begin in September, priority deadline for Loyola is August 15.
For more information and application materials, please visit www.loyola.edu/montessori_affiliate